[AfriNIC-rpd] Public Comments on the PDWG Co-Chair Candidate

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:22:59 UTC 2012

Badru,
On 16 May 2012 17:09, Badru Ntege <ntegeb at one2net.co.ug> wrote:
> So I read between the lines a need to change policy somewhere on who can be
> nominated Since they will always be newcomers to the community and that is a good
> thing since we want to grow this particular community how do we avoid
> marginalization of newbies ?

My intention was not to "marginalize newbies", but rather to advance
what I believe is the growth and stability of the Policy development
process in the region.

When I first got introduce to policy development, it took me close to
6months of reading and following mailing list activity to be able to
made a contribution. I hope that the candidate in question is on this
list; because if he isn't then  there is a really great chance that
this will happen................and as it does, we will definitely
have a slow down in the process, given that there is a possibility of
having two fresh chairs.

On your question of change of policy, the AfriNIC has already drafted
new PDP election guidelines, please make sure to contribute to this
process.

Douglas Onyango | +256(0712)981329 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.