[AfriNIC-rpd] 1 day left to submit your proposal for AfriNIC-16!

Babusha Radhakissoon babusha at afrinic.net
Tue Feb 14 11:54:48 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Only 1 day left to submit your proposal to present at the upcoming AfriNIC meeting in Serekunda, The Gambia!

If you would like to present at our event, please send us your proposal to discuss topics relevant
to the African Internet community.Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation,
a tutorial or a live technical demonstration. Find below the submission instructions.

How to submit:

Your proposal should contain the following information:

* Full Name
* Email Address
* Affiliation
* Short biography
* Title of Presentation
* A detailed abstract or outline describing the presentation
* Draft slides for the presentation (if ready/available)
* Length of talk (minutes/hours/days)
* Need (or not) for sponsorship or assistance to attend the meeting
(travel and/or accommodation, etc)

Please review all information provided before submitting your proposal
to:meeting at afrinic.net

Important Dates:

* Deadline for submissions – 15 February 2012
* Notification of Acceptance – 2 March 2012
* AfriNIC-16 Meeting – 12 to 18 May 2012

Guidelines:

Presentation topics can range from but are not exclusive to:

- IPv6 deployment
- Cyber Security
- Internet Peering and Routing
- Mobile IP
- IXP
- DNSSEC
- RPKI

* Presentations will be fifteen (15) to thirty (30) minutes in length,
with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each
presentation. The maximum time allotted per presentation is 45 minutes.
The presenter(s) will be required to submit their presentation in
PowerPoint two (2) weeks prior to the event date.

* Tutorials can range from 90 minutes to half a day in length. A full
course outline is required.

* Demonstration facilities will need to be agreed based on available
resources on-site.

* AfriNIC will provide the space, tea/lunch breaks and projector equipment.

* Presenters will be responsible for any handouts. There are typically
approximately 100-150 delegates.

* All presentations will be delivered with the highest professionalism
to maximize the value obtained by the attendee.

* The Meeting Coordination team and the program Committee will make the
selection decisions.

* Selected presenters will be contacted by the Event Coordinator and
Presenter Liaison to coordinate logistics and details regarding your
presentation.

* The audience at AfriNIC meetings is mainly composed of technical
network operators and engineers with a wide range of experience levels
from beginners to seasoned professionals.

* Presentations that contain any sort of marketing and commercial
content are usually not encouraged at such meetings.

*Exhibition opportunities for our sponsors *

We are currently seeking sponsors for our event. Use this opportunity to
maximize your brand exposure. For further details regarding the
different sponsorship packages, please contact Diane on sponsorship at afrinic.net

We look forward to your proposal.

Kind regards,

The AfriNIC Meeting team

AfriNIC | 11th Floor | Raffles Tower | Cybercity | Mauritius
Tel: +230 403 5100 |Fax: +230 466 6758

http://www.afrinic.net/

Join us at AfriNIC-16 in The Gambia, 12-18 May 2012