[AfriNIC-rpd] Consensus call on Section 3.8 ofAFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-02 - IPv4 Soft Landing

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Sat May 7 09:30:18 UTC 2011

I think this very proposal actually gives me even more reason to oppose
the implementation of the disputed clause.

If the implementation of such a clause would result in what is proposed
below, or anyone even THINKING about such a solution, that alone is
enough reason to scrap the clause in my opinion J

While the rest of the world goes native IPv6, what is proposed below
would mean that Africa switches to tunneled IPv4.  This creates MTU
issues, it creates technical complexity, it creates overhead on already
limited bandwidth pipes, it potentially creates processing issues in
non-hardware backed routers, it limits the level of functionality
available, it would force diverged routing topology for V4 and V6, and
the list continues.

I don't even have words right now to say just how scary I find the below
proposal...........

Andrew