[AfriNIC-rpd] Proposal: Out of region sales of IPv4 space

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:31:17 UTC 2011

John,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> 2ndly, I do appreciate the bit about "out of africa" operators needing abit of afrinic resources - for interconnection purposes. Might that be your second point?

Umm, no.  My point , however obscurely made, was that it is not
uncommon for operators in EU to use resources obtained in the USA and
vice versa.

We have made a Soft Landing Policy that says (for the first time As
Far As I Know) that out of region resource use is no longer
acceptable.

> what i dont understand is the insinuation that Afrinic should accept a policy proposal on the simple reason that they have NO choice..

Did I make such an insinuation, or are you talking to someone else here?

--
Cheers,

McTim