[AfriNIC-rpd] Proposal: Out of region sales of IPv4 space

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Sat Feb 12 09:23:48 UTC 2011

I think this proposal has merits.

On 10/02/2011 22:32, Mark Elkins wrote:
> It would get AfriNIC faster into the Soft Landing Position - but by
> design - only when most others are already there. I don't see this as
> bad. We'll still have a lot slower burn rate with our soft landing
> proposal than the others.

This policy could effectively allow us to synchronise the triggering of
our soft landing policy with those in the other regions.

As has been mentioned before:- there is no point in Africa having lots
of spare IPv4 addresses once the other regions have migrated to IPv6.
This looks likely at the moment.