[AfriNIC-rpd] Proposal: Global Policy for IPv4 Allocations by the IANA Post Exhaustion now online

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 19:19:54 UTC 2010

Hello McTim,
>preclude the ITU from getting any IPv4 space if they are able to form a RIR??

I think from the links you provided, this is well taken care of...do we still need to hide something in.....and by hide i mean omitting it from abstract/incentives and inconspicuously slipping it somewhere.....Didn't we just mention "transparency" in this same policy???

>RIRs allocate based on need. IANA allocates to RIRs when the RIR has used ~80 of its previous /8 IIRC.  If they weren't diviided even;y, RIPE and ARIN would probably demonstrate need faster and therefore get more of the pool.

These are the statements that i base my comment:-

#Defines "need" as the basis for further IPv4 allocations by the IANA.
#The Reclamation Pool will be divided on CIDR boundaries and distributed evenly to all eligible RIRs

There is allusion to basing allocations on both "evenness" and "need" - i personally feel these two are mutually exclusive...

Regards,
Douglas Onyango +256(0712)981329

Life is the educators practical joke in which you spend the first half learning, and the second half learning that everything you learned in the first was wrong.