[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Return of Policy Proposal RPD Mailinglist: Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Jul 8 19:33:19 UTC 2010

Hi Tobias,
At 00:52 07-07-10, Tobias Knecht wrote:
>What happens if a RIR member is not paying his bills? He probably looses
>his allocations. Right?
>
>What happens if a RIR member is publishing wrong information? Nothing?

I understand your argument.  The PDP-MG does not have any say on
that.  It determines whether there is consensus.

>I absolutely understand the bottom-up thinking, but I think in some
>cases it would be good if RIRs would be able to force things. And even
>by publishing a list of unresponsive members to give the ability of
>punishment back to the community.

Let's focus on AfriNIC as a RIR instead of all RIRs as this proposal
is about a regional policy.  I suggest that you identify the specific
issues in the proposal and resolve each of them separately.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
PDP-MG