[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Return of Policy Proposal RPD Mailinglist: Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region

Tobias Knecht tk at abusix.com
Tue Jul 6 21:55:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

I fully agree to this.

> It seems that a lot of the arguments and discussion about this proposal
> hinge on the ease of setting up the abuse contact object (whether IRT or
> abuse-c).  But it seems that we're arguing based on a number of
> not-yet-validated assumptions about how it would be implemented, and
> arguing about the ideal backend database object, when what we really
> care about is the front end: how easy it is to provide the necessary
> information, and how easy it is to query for it.
>
> So perhaps it would be useful to first come to a rough consensus on the
> ideal way for block holders to provide abuse contact info on the front
> end, and let that debate (and the ease of implementation for AfriNIC
> staff) determine the precise object type on the back end...

What I want to have:

- One Abuse Contact for every single IP address.
- Single(!!!) place for abuse contact information.
- E-Mail address A for personal communication.
- E-Mail address B for automatic communication.
- No or higher query restrictions for E-Mail address B.

I think all this already found consensus in the AfriNIC meeting. That's
why the proposal was brought back to discussion and not canceled at all.
So we can move the decision on how to implement the requirements in the
database to the AfriNIC Development Group.

Thanks,

Tobias