[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

Tobias Knecht tk at abusix.com
Thu Jun 17 00:24:44 UTC 2010

> While you are right that it is to some extent a self-made problem, I
> am not convinced that requiring additional addresses to be published
> will stop people from copying the other addresses they already send
> e-mail to. This is down to my perception of human nature and not to
> the technical merit of the proposal for an IRT object or an abuse-c
> address or any other way of providing the information.

I fully agree with you, BUT this is not the point here. The point is,
that there are AfriNIC members, who want to be able to handle their
complaints in an appropriate way and they can not because they are
getting their complaints to their personal mailbox. They have
spamfilters installed on their personal mailbox which is absolutely
okay. But it is not okay for a abuse@ mailbox.

So I think we should not argue about offering a dedicated place for
abuse contact information. As I heard everybody agreed on that at the
AfriNIC meeting.

Thanks,

Tobias