[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

Graham Beneke graham-ml at apolix.co.za
Sun May 30 15:25:42 UTC 2010

On 26/05/2010 12:03, Tobias Knecht wrote:
> Right, but the problem is, that you have again personal objects. Which
> you wanna protect by restricting whois queries. The IRT Object should
> not be restricted that way. So how do you wanna solve this in the whois
> database?

I assume that you are referring to limiting queries against the whois? I
am unsure how creating a new object type solves that problem. Any object
type is open to abuse and I expect all objects in the whois to be
suitably protected against abuse.

I also fail to see the difference between an 'irt' object and a 'role'
object. I would appreciate if you could help me out here.

> And why creating a new field and a complete new way if APNIC and RIPE
> are already using or will using this way in future?

The way that its done in the rest of the world is not AUTOMATICALLY the
right way to do it in Africa. ;-)

--
Graham Beneke