[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

Tobias Knecht tk at abusix.com
Wed May 26 10:03:30 UTC 2010

Hello

> I propose that a far more useful addition to the AfriNIC whois would
> be an abuse-c link for inetnum, inet6num and aut-num objects. This
> link line could then reference any existing role or person objects.
>
> LIRs who have the requirement can then create role objects for their
> abuse team in order to direct the communication to the relevant POC.
>

> This would work.

Right, but the problem is, that you have again personal objects. Which
you wanna protect by restricting whois queries. The IRT Object should
not be restricted that way. So how do you wanna solve this in the whois
database?

And why creating a new field and a complete new way if APNIC and RIPE
are already using or will using this way in future?

Thanks,

Tobias