[pdp-mg] Re: community - Re: [AfriNIC-rpd] About AFPUB-2010-GEN-001

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Apr 9 19:23:46 UTC 2010

Hi Vincent,
At 04:45 09-04-10, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
>I believe that there're instances where we'll need to _specifically_
>refer to people from the AfriNIC service region and other cases
>where we'll need to refer to the global Internet community.

I'll try to clarify that as far as possible.

The policies, in general, are for the AfriNIC service region.  There
may be AfriNIC members registered in the AfrINIC service region with
people located outside the region.  There is one instance which may
or may not be referring to people from the AfriNIC service
region.  It is the discussion about Chairs (see Section 4).  I'll use
"by the AfriNIC community" in that section and leave the details to
the terms of reference.  If you want the people reference there, I'll
make the change.

The process can be summarized as follows:

  1. Anyone (global Internet community if you prefer) submits a proposal

  2. Anyone can discuss about the proposal on the mailing list

  3. Proposal edited to include changes unless there are substantive objections

  4. Anyone can discuss about the proposal at the meeting

  5. Rough consensus on the version of the proposal to move forward

  6. Consensus on the final version of the proposal

  7. Proposal submitted for ratification by the Board

The word "community" is specified in the first six steps whenever the
word is used in a paragraph of the document.  I haven't submitted the
new version yet.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy