[AfriNIC-rpd] Proposal for Policy Development Process in the AfriNIC service region

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Mar 19 21:22:38 UTC 2010

At 03:06 19-03-10, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
>This is to clarify a few issues with regards to
>the AfriNIC Policy Development Process (PDP)
>arising from the discussions on the proposed NEW PDP.
>
>1. Public Policy Meeting Agenda
>The agenda for the public policy meeting is
>prepared by the PDP-MG in conjunction with the secretariat.
>
>Generally, the agenda contains:
>• Presentation (by authors) and face-to-face
>discussions on the current policy proposals in line with the PDP;
>• An update of the PDP-MG activities; and,
>• An Open Q&A session (AOB).

The proposal is to publish the list of policy
proposals to be discussed on this list at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

Is that the agenda at http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-10/discuss.htm ?

The is also another agenda at
http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-11/agenda.htm
The PDF for "Policies Under Proposal and the
Policy Discussion Process" is dated 27th November, 2009.

I could not find any message posted to this
mailing list before the meeting with the list of proposals to be discussed.

>2. Chair of the Public Policy Meeting
>The AfriNIC Public Policy meetings are chaired
>by the Chair of the PDP-MG or one of the other two co-chairs.

The list of PDP-MG members can be found at
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/PDP-MG%20Members.htm

Who chaired the AfriNIC 10 Public Policy meeting?

Who chaired the AfriNIC 11 Public Policy meeting?

>3. PDP-MG Terms of Reference (TOR) and Elections Procedure
>Please note that the PDP-MG TORs and Elections
>Procedure were discussed during the AfriNIC-8
>meeting in Rabat. A copy of the same is
>available at: http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic9/pdp-mg_election.htm

According to that document:

   "the person who has obtained the largest number of votes will be
    proclaimed co-chair of the AfriNIC PDP-MG for a period of 3 years.
    The other two co-chairs for a two (2) and one (1) year term will
    be the first and second runners-up respectively."

When were the co-chairs elected and when do their terms end?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy