[AfriNIC-rpd] Policy Proposal Summary - Cooperative Distribution of the End of the IANA IPv4 Free Pool

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Thu May 8 12:09:52 UTC 2008

Hi Cisco Phil,

Thanks for this insight.

> BTW, this was thrown out of the APNIC region when proposed there,
> and given that all RIR regions would have to support it, it isn't
> clear to me why it is even being proposed here.

(a) Being a global policy, it was proposed at the same time in all
RIR's.

(b) For a policy to be rejected by members of the AfriNIC region, it
must go through the approved policy development policy. Let's see
what the community has to say.

Regards,

-Vincent

--
KeNIC - The Kenya Network Information Center
http://www.kenic.or.ke

"dot KE for Every Name in Kenya!"