[AfriNIC-rpd] Policy Proposal Summary - Cooperative Distribution of the End of the IANA IPv4 Free Pool

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:44:17 UTC 2008

Hi Vincent,

Clearly, this proposal has downsides for our community.  If we accept
this, then the last /8(s) given to AfriNIC by the IANA will be shared
by the other RIRs with higher burn rates (not likely that other RIRs
will be transferring address blocks to AfriNIC).

On that, selfish, basis alone, I oppose this policy proposal.  In
addition, the language isn't what I would expect to see in a global
numbering policy, words like "petty sibling rivalry", "bickering" and
"whimpering" don't show the numbering community in a dignified light.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim