[AfriNIC-rpd] New policy proposal: IPv6 ULA-central

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Apr 4 09:04:11 UTC 2007

Hi Alan,

I understand your point, but in my opinion, policies should not enter into
details of how they become actually implemented from an operational
perspective.

This is also what I've heard several times from the staff en many RIRs.

For example, it may be the case that the RIRs (those where the policy get
approved by the membership) may decide (via the NRO or other means), to
implement a single central register, instead of different registries.

One more possibility could be to breakdown the ULA-central prefix in several
smaller chunks to be allocated by IANA to each RIR.

Again, operational details should be left on the hands of the RIRs
(otherwise, we should do the same in all the policies, define all the
operation instead of trusting the RIR staff capabilities).

Regards,
Jordi