[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [resource-policy] AfriNIC Policy Proposal: IPv6ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

Alain Patrick AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon Mar 19 11:00:20 UTC 2007

> I think so. In principle our policies are not made for individuals
> accessing those resources, unless clearly justified (and in this case I
> think a good justification is to be an organization).
>
> Otherwise one of the missions of the RIRs, the adequate management of
> address space (not a wasteful one), is not fulfilled.

The question  is:  Do we think, the proposed criteria  are good for what we
intend to do with this policy ?

If the answer is "no" and the solution is "be an organization", then let add

* "Must be an organization"

So, if a "individual" meet the initial  assignments criteria, he will need to
become an organization to qualify.

> Please, think in the implications in terms of routing table if just a 10%
> of the individuals in the world are able to get this resource. Is not only
> about the addressing space, which probably could perfectly cope with that
> for 100% of the world population if using /48, but what about the routing
> slots ? Are you willing to pay then for a 10 times more expensive router in
> your network (you will not have other chance, you are being forced to that
> if the routing table grows at that point).
>
> We need a balance here.

I suspect that, we will need a definition of  "organization"  including size.

And are we not meeting folks against this policy  here ?

--alain

Let us  keep think simple  and move forward.

--alain