[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [resource-policy] AfriNIC Policy Proposal: IPv6ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Mar 19 09:41:31 UTC 2007

I think so. In principle our policies are not made for individuals accessing
those resources, unless clearly justified (and in this case I think a good
justification is to be an organization).

Otherwise one of the missions of the RIRs, the adequate management of
address space (not a wasteful one), is not fulfilled.

Please, think in the implications in terms of routing table if just a 10% of
the individuals in the world are able to get this resource. Is not only
about the addressing space, which probably could perfectly cope with that
for 100% of the world population if using /48, but what about the routing
slots ? Are you willing to pay then for a 10 times more expensive router in
your network (you will not have other chance, you are being forced to that
if the routing table grows at that point).

We need a balance here.

Regards,
Jordi