[afrinic-resource-policy-discuss] Policy Proposal in APNIC region

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Feb 8 11:17:30 UTC 2007

I discussed this briefly with Andrew and agree with Andrew. I'll be at
Apricot in Bali and listen to the discussions there. Anyone else going?

Andrew Alston wrote:
> I think at first glance, and having read over this briefly, without giving
> any form of really detailed analysis from my side, I like the idea.  It
> seems to be sensibly constructed and make a lot of sense.  The only thing I
> ask is that in Afrinic's version of this policy if it were to be adopted,
> all references to NIR's be removed, as these don't exist in African space
> and hopefully never will (I'm sure everyone who was in Cairo in December
> 2005 remember's the presentation in this regard and the reaction from the
> floor)
>
> May have more comments later though!
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew Alston
> TENET - Chief Technology Officer

  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE
/ |/ |ARK \_/ /__ LKINS  Tel: +27 12 807 0590  Cell: +27 82 601 0496