[IANAOversight] Number community ICG update at ICANN

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Oct 17 06:05:54 UTC 2014

See comments inline

- I don't think this have to go through board, i think it should go in the
> manner similar to Co-chairs/ASO members election process; basically i am
> saying the selection should just be done by the community.

What are the fears if volunteers throw in their names and the board selects
them?
Do you want the selection to go through NomCom/Ecom?

- Considering there is no much time i think there may be need to expedite
> this timelines and it will be good to have the CRISP members all set by end
> of October.
> - May I also propose that the RIRs have the same timeline of members
> formulation. Perhaps it will also be good to clarify the role of the staff
> (as i am assuming secretarial but i may be wrong)

My reading is the staff will be like any other CRISP member, but will be
further security in-case any RIR feels it's position was misrepresented
during CRISP discussions.

> Regards

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson