[IANAOversight] Number community ICG update at ICANN

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:57:30 UTC 2014

Dear Adiel,

Thanks for your response and kindly find mine inline

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2014, at 02:59 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the update. I think this is a good step in right direction
> (better late than never ;) ). Just 2 questions, where in the existing
> timeline[1] does the CRISP start to act and what is the selection process
> for our region?
>
> On your Q1, as AFRINIC is the last to close the loop of the consultation,
> it is expect to have the CRISP starts it work end of November for the whole
> month of December [Point 6 of the timeline].

Okay noted!

> For your Q2. We will have to define a process for selecting the 2
> community representatives. I will see something like: (a) open a public
> call for nominations/volunteers - 15 days (b) Board review the
> nominations/volunteers and select suitable candidates - 7 days (c) AFRINIC
> CRISP members appointed before AFRINIC-21 meeting. [Open for discussion].
>
> Thanks for this, i am looking at the proposed process and it brings
further concern:

- I don't think this have to go through board, i think it should go in the
manner similar to Co-chairs/ASO members election process; basically i am
saying the selection should just be done by the community.

- Considering there is no much time i think there may be need to expedite
this timelines and it will be good to have the CRISP members all set by end
of October.

- May I also propose that the RIRs have the same timeline of members
formulation. Perhaps it will also be good to clarify the role of the staff
(as i am assuming secretarial but i may be wrong)

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*