[IANAOversight] Re: [Iana-transition] List of ARIN-region CRISP Team Volunteers

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 11:56:28 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 1 Nov 2014 23:10, "Sunday Folayan" <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Seun,
>
> Board members are also members of the community. At least, the last
> time I checked.

Interesting to read this... but that's fine. I will not attempt to stretch
this as it may not help.

> Volunteering is a call to service, it is not some privilege or
> opportunity to travel the world.

Same understanding.

> If a Board member is very knowledgeable about the process, recognized
> as such, and also wants to volunteer, what is wrong with us putting
> our best foot forward?

Well this is not my point, my point is that the role of each category of
the RIR community was clearly defined. The process says board appoints 1
staff and 2 from the community. So IMHO it seem wrong by my interpretation
(definitely not that it's illegal) to classify board as community member in
this context.

However I figured all these is mute since the crisp will not develop a
proposal without adequate consultation with the community afterall.

> Luckily, AfriNIC does not have this moral dilemma. At least, this time.

Noted. I rest my case ;)

Thanks

http://www.nro.net/news/iana-stewardship-consolidated-rir-iana-stewardship-proposal-team