[IANAOversight] Re: [Iana-transition] List of ARIN-region CRISP Team Volunteers

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:10:24 UTC 2014

Hi Seun,

Board members are also members of the community. At least, the last
time I checked.

Volunteering is a call to service, it is not some privilege or
opportunity to travel the world. I think it is even more transparent,
when a Board member follows the process, volunteering to serve. It is
immoral to select only within the Board, but it is not illegal.

If a Board member is very knowledgeable about the process, recognized
as such, and also wants to volunteer, what is wrong with us putting
our best foot forward?

Luckily, AfriNIC does not have this moral dilemma. At least, this time.

Sunday.

On 01/11/2014 15:43, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> Hello SF,
>
> I am certain AFRINIC so far is in order, the list of our region
> nominees and those that finally gets selected is what would
> determine whether we are inline with the crisp process.[1]
>
> Regards 1. The nominees for ARIN at the moment does not entirely
> reflect volunteers from community and i don't necessarily have a
> voice on this mater that region for now (as per the crisp process).
> My mail was a light reminder to ensure that we act inline with the
> process in our region.
>
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Seun, unless I am missing something, what has AFRINIC done
>> different from Arin?
>>
>> Provision is made for one staff. 2 other community volunteers
>> being sought. Any difference?
>>
>> Please point us to it.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> SF. On Nov 1, 2014 1:06 PM, "Seun Ojedeji"
>> <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Based on the arin list below and considering that our region
>>> has similar procedure. I hope the board of our region
>>> recognises that volunteers should be from the community and
>>> that one won't classify member of the RIR management as a
>>> community in this context.
>>>
>>> On a lighter note, I think this ought to be the standard across
>>> RIR in respect to the crisp charter.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> sent from Google nexus 4 kindly excuse brevity and typos. On 1

For background on the IANA Stewardship Transition planning process,

- --
Sunday Adekunle Folayan
    blog: http://www.sundayfolayan.name.ng
   email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com
   phone: +234-816-866-7523, +234-802-291-2202
   skype: sfolayan
    fcbk: www.facebook.com/sfolayan
   tweet: sfolayan
linkedin: sfolayan