[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jul 25 19:07:02 UTC 2021

In message <64098712-5008-002d-98d9-aa8cb09e74ed at geier.ne.tz>,
Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

>> (*) Does RADB -remove- routes from their data base when someone

>> stops paying the annual membership fee? (The evidence suggests

>> that they fail to do such cleanups.)

>I strongly believe YES, route objects get removed.

I hope you are right.

>> (*) Will RADB allow paying members to add routes to bogon IP space,

>> and/or to bogon AS numbers?

>Oh yes!

>also space that is not theirs.

That much is quite certainly self-evident to me.

>> P.S. Do dues-paying resource members of AFRINIC have to pay anything

>> extra to get routes added to the AFRINIC IRR?

>no.

>btw: also resource members who don't pay (like IXPs) get the IRR

>functions for free.

I will have to ask this same question with respect to all of the other
RIRs also.

If all RIRs provide free route objects to (paying) resource members,
then one wonders what the need for RADB is, other than to support
rogue IP space squatters.

Regards,
rfg