[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 16:56:56 UTC 2021

Hi DBWG,

Le dim. 25 juil. 2021 à 5:15 PM, Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> a écrit :

> Hi Sylvain and all,

Thanks for your email, brother!

> On 25/07/2021 18:21, Sylvain Baya wrote:

> > Dear DBWG,

> > [...]

> > As there seems to be more than a full consensus

> > on that cleanup request action.

> I trust you mean the DBWG to ask AfriNIC staff to request RADB to do

> some still-to-be-better-specified cleanup.

...exact!

So this is for action at a party external to AfriNIC.....!

Right!

> It looks like we're getting towards consensus.

Sure, until now, co-chair ;-)

I see Ronald, Noah, yourself and Frank-when-he's-not-co-chair supporting

> this.

> Wanted to give other just a little bit more time.

...we have time! right, Ronald?

> Nishal's message I understand as asking AfriNIC staff to publish blocks

> under their control. nothing more (yet).

...i see that the brother did now :-)

> > So the next question would then be, can Afrinic pick this up on

> > behalf of the community and ping RADB folks.

> > ...i fail to see why they could not follow the DBWG

> > consensus on that action.

> Allow me to ask that we be very specific.

> The "they" refers to "RADB folk"?

...maybe! but, afaik, it was about our very
Staff...it remains their right to follow the
DBWG on roughly 'consensual' decisions such as
this one...i learned it during the last webinar.

Because "Afrinic" would likely "pick this up and follow the DBWG consensus"

Alright! fine :-)

> Since RADB does as far as i know not "have to" do what we ask, we have

> to refine *how* and *what* we ask. We == DBWG + AfriNIC

> and have to have consensus on it.

Thanks dear co-chair.

> > Also, a co-chair has already call them to react.

> Ehm, I asked AfriNIC staff to publish the list of blocks they control.

> Hope that's what you refer to.

Yes! You are right, brother!

...me too ;-)
You called them to react on something.
Right? :-)

Shalom,
--sb.

> Regards,

> Frank

> [...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)