[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Jul 26 01:39:51 UTC 2021

In message <CAJjTEvFBntYMAt_HG-Ji8Kte8PqxbC4cCyHuVczccGc5fCHS3w at mail.gmail.com>
Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

>...we have time! right, Ronald?

Well, that is certainly my hope! However I personally am not really what
most people would refer to as a "young man" anymore, and who knows? And
any of us could be struck by lightning at any time. So I guess we'll see.

But that aside, yes, it will take me a bit longer to make lists also for
(a) RADB route objects that implicate AFRINIC-administered but unassigned
"bogon" IPv6 address space and also (b) RADB route objects that implicate
AFRINIC-administered but currently unassigned AS numbers.

And of course, in an ideal universe *someone* should independently double
check my work to make sure it is all correct. It would be Bad if we
asked AFRINIC staff to ask RADB staff to delete some "bogon" route objects
that were in fact actually 100% legitimate route objects. Somebody, and
more probably a LOT of somebodies would likely get REALLY MAD if a mistake
that that slipped through. Obviously, such an error would likely not be
a threat to life and limb, and could be corrected relatively quickly and
easly, but you would hardly believe that if you only had been listening
recently to the dire claims of some folks who may be on the verge of
involuntarily losing some address space and for whom the end of civilization
as we know it is just around the corner. :-)

Regards,
rfg