[DBWG] Stats on maintainers not ending with -MNT suffix

Simon Seruyinda simon at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 26 13:52:45 UTC 2021

Dear DBWG,

Please see stats below as requested during our last meeting.

Total number of mntner objects : 21496
mntner objects not ending with -MNT: 395
Percentage : 1.84%

Number of objects protected by these maintainers.
--------------------------------
Object Type | Number of objects
-------------------------------
as-set | 27
aut-num | 66
domain | 76
inet6num | 50
inetnum | 86
irt | 2
keycert | 42
mntner | 383
organisation | 4
person | 267
role | 97
route | 44
route-set | 7
route6 | 17

We shall proceed to implement the business rule to not allow any new maintainers to be created in the database without the -MNT suffix.
This should be in an upcoming release whose date will be communicated but will happen by end of Q2.
We shall keep the working group updated as we progress.

Regards;
Simon