[DBWG] ORG-TYPE definitions

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri Feb 26 09:25:03 UTC 2021

Hi Simon,

thanks for sharing.

This really took quite a while.
I've also been very quiet. Wondering if that would have been earlier if
"we" had followed this request more closely...?

Regards,
Frank

On 25/02/2021 18:05, Simon Seruyinda wrote:

> Hi Frank,

> Please see attached the org-type description.

> We need the working groups confirmation on whether to proceed to disable the ones that are not applicable as described in the document.

> Once the above is confirmed, next step will be to update these in the WHOIS so that they are visible when queried with "-v organisation”.

> Regards;

> Simon

>> On 4 Oct 2020, at 22:16, Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

>> Hi Madhvi,

>> thanks for your email.

>> it corrects my perception. [and i am happy that i brought it up]

>> I guess that we can expect both items to be done within the coming week.

>> Regards,

>> Frank

>> On 04/10/2020 20:45, Madhvi Gokool wrote:

>>> Hello Frank

>>> The commitment was for staff to provide a definition of the org-types to

>>> the database working group and I further added that the definitions

>>> should then be made available when we perform a whois query. This way,

>>> they shall be publicly available to any person wanting to know what each

>>> org type means .

>>> Logically it shall happen as follows :-

>>> 1. The org-types definition will be provided to the database working group

>>> 2. The whois database will be updated with the definitions so that they

>>> are then visible through the query whois -v organisation

>>> Regards

>>> Madhvi