[DBWG] more formalised change process?

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Jul 28 12:51:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'd like to split off Nishal's final question below into a separate
thread. Subject is changed, but still a response to his email [1].

Regarding the question about a formal way to submit requests:

In my understanding we don't have a formal way - yet. And we (the group)
have the power to give us one.
It would likely add credibility and certainty/predictability to the
group and the process. On the other hand it _could_ draw out some
changes to take longer. I also think this is not 0 and 1 - middle ground
can be there.
Lastly, we'd need not only consensus about whether we want to formalise
more, but also folk volunteering to draft something.

Frank

[1]
if there are strong opinions how this should be different, one can
probably educate me.