[DBWG] Auto-renew ROAs

Patrick Holahan patrickh at tenet.ac.za
Mon Apr 6 07:37:25 UTC 2020

Hi Amreesh,

This is a great idea and all the below looks like it’ll benefit everyone with ROAs!
I have 2 queries relating to your points

- The renewal period will be exactly the same as the current validity date (i.e. not_after - not_before)
If I set it now for 10 years, because there was no auto-renewal when I created the ROA, will the automatically renewed one also have a 10 year validity?

- An expiring ROA will be renewed 5 days before expiry (during this period, we will have two matching ROAs)
Perhaps not directly related to this point, would it be possible to create a way to align the expiry (it may already exist/be possible just by setting the validity to a shorter/longer period manually by the administrator) so that ROAs created at various times might actually all renew at a similar time point to aggregate the administration and make it easier for people to ensure all their ranges are configured?

Regards
Patrick Holahan (TENET)
Fault Reporting: +27 (0) 21-763-7147<mailto:+27%20(0)%2021-763-7147> or support at tenet.ac.za<mailto:support at tenet.ac.za>