[DBWG] RIPE proposed changes to the routing registry

Daniel Shaw daniel at afrinic.net
Thu Jun 14 05:45:39 UTC 2018

Dear WG, Community,

We're now in a position internally to commit to implementing a removal of authentication for non-AFRINIC autnums (ASNs), when used with AFRINIC IP(v6) resources in the AFRINIC IRR.
In addition, based on the clear requests in this WG, we are going to prioritise doing this work.

It'll take us a few more days to work out the details of how we intend to implement this, and we'll then be able to provide a firm timeline thereafter.

While it may not be a huge change, we always prefer to err on the side of caution and fully test *any* change to production code prior to deploying.

We'd also welcome any additional feedback on the details of the implementation if you have any.

Warm regards,
Daniel Shaw