[Community-Discuss] AfriNIC Mailing CoC and Legal Suit Intimidations

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Jun 24 05:43:30 UTC 2022

Hi Ronald

You raise very important points and I would like to now call on the
attension of AFRINIC management on this since the ammendments to the Code
of Conduct are endorsed by we the community time after time through public
consultation.

We can therefore add your suggestions to the current AFRINIC code of
conduct.

I have faced such first hand attempts of intimidation myself and continue
to face the same especially from Lu Heng and his stooges and yes-men but I
am never bothered by it because our participation and opinions are based on
objective facts or what you would call in legal terms *fair comments*.

There have been occassional accusations of xenophobia, tribalism and racism
on this lists as well by those who enjoy intimidating other participants.

So something has to be done unless AFRINIC and whoever is responsible are
happy with the current lack of community participation in the wake of all
defamation accusation based intimidation.

The Irony is that AFRINIC the organization and its members continue to face
countless intimidations through courts considering the ammount of interim
injuctions and ex-parte applications.

And since most folk have a natural phonia for courts or legal proceedings,
they end up in total silence. Courts are important institutions and we
ought to embrace them but let no one threaten or intimidate anyone with
suits as long us you got your facts and most importantly believe in
freedoms of expressions and participation in public forum discourse.

Cheers,
Noah