[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Jun 1 18:36:59 UTC 2022

There have been no bylaw updates as concerns this - I checked.  This is an entirely arbitrary requirement and as per the CEOs email - was decided by the logistics team - which drastically exceeds the authority of a logistics team when it comes into conflict with the rights of members

What AfriNIC is effectively doing is denying members the right - among other things - to have legal council present and interacting - it’s a very very dangerous move and I will be quite curious to see how the court reacts to such an arbitrary stipulation specified just days before a meeting - considering long standing precedent and the fact that no such restrictions exist in either the bylaws or section 115 of the companies act

Andrew