[Community-Discuss] Breach of the Code of Conduct by Mr Ronald Guilmette

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri Feb 26 04:47:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 25/02/2021 21:33, Sylvain Baya wrote:

> ...out of the right to be forgotten [1]; which i

> think we should first agree on its applicability into

> our midst :-/

> Is modifying a public mailinglist archive a good practice?

> __

> [1]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten>>

I would treat the mailing list archives as a historic record.
Somebody has volunteered information, contributions, to the mailing
list, knowing that there would be an archive.

I believe if I put my name into the newspaper, then I don't have the
right to be forgotten.

Any attempt to modify the mailing list archives is in my opinion
comparable to some lost people trying to revise or deny historic facts,
or to the poor fellow who thinks that his inauguration audience was
bigger. It should not be allowed.

Thanks,
Frank