[Community-Discuss] Candidate for a Review on the Utilisation of INRs Allocated (was: Notice to all the legacy netblocks holders in AfriNIC)

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:52:17 UTC 2021

{start new thread [1] & copy: BoD+CEO}

Dear AFRINIC's Community,

Please see inline...

Le mar. 16 févr. 2021 09:52, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> a écrit :

> On Sat, 6 Feb 2021, 00:22 Sylvain BAYA, <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dear Community,

>> Hope you are doing well!

>> Le ven. 5 févr. 2021 14:44, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

>> Dear Owen,

>> Thanks for your email, brother.

>> > [...]

>> ...what we still not know is *if* their new

>> justification of utilization of INRs was

>> explaining that they were going to start

>> a leasing activity with *our* INRs.

> This can only be answered by AFRINIC who have the capacity to check how

Hi Noah,
Thanks for precising this; because my
questions were directed exactely to
those who *can* and *must* provide
answers to this community.

> the space that was originally meant for a different purpose ended up being

> used for leasing which for long this community has shed light too.

Hi Ashil,
Please can you confirm that CEO & BoD
are taking into account the assertions [2][3][4]
which came from the thread i leaved [1]
to focus to this particular concern [5]?

This is my request to AfriNIC's CEO or BoD:

I call you to enforce the entire section 4.
of the RSA [6] to seriously address this case.

...IMHO, to preserve the power of its RSA,
AfriNIC should start to reviewing/investigating [see: RSA section 4. (b)(i)]
[and: RSA section 4. (c)(iii)] the actual utilisation of the INRs allocated to
that resource member.

~°~
4. Conditions of service
(a) Where a member, receiving service under an existing agreement applies
for a change or a variation of the
type of such service which AFRINIC has been supplying to it, evaluation of
such a “change request” will be effected in
terms of the provisions of clause (2) of the present agreement.
(b) Cooperation:
(i) An applicant receiving service under an agreement is at all times
bound to provide to AFRINIC such
information, assistance and cooperation as may be reasonably required by
the latter in the provision
of the service.
(ii) Such request for information may also be made where AFRINIC is
investigating (reviewing) the
applicant’s utilisation of the number resources already assigned to it.
(iii) Failure by the applicant, to comply with a request made at above
may:
(1) entail revocation or withholding of the service supplied by
AFRINIC;
(2) be taken into account by AFRINIC in its evaluation for further
and future assignment or
allocation of number resources;
(3) lead to the closure of an LIR and termination of the agreement by
AFRINIC.
(c) Applicant’s use of the service
The Applicant hereby irrevocably:
(i) Commits itself to using the services solely for the purpose for
which it was requested.
(ii) Commits itself to using the services in full and unreserved
compliance with AFRINIC’s policies and
mandate:
(1) without knowingly infringing the rights and/or interests of other
users of such services,
(2) within the limits of applicable laws and/or regulations of the
jurisdiction in which it operates.
(iii) Further acknowledges that AFRINIC may at its own discretion and
for good cause and common
Interest of the stability of the Internet, investigate or cause to be
investigated, the Applicant’s use of
the services by the appropriate and competent authority(ies).
(iv) Hereby binds itself to:
(1) notify AFRINIC whenever its circumstances so change that it is no
longer in need of the
Internet number resources supplied or being supplied to it under a
Registration Service
Agreement;
(2) surrender to AFRINIC within 15 days of the service of the notice
at (iv)(1) above the Internet
number resources supplied or being supplied to it under a Registration
Service Agreement;
(3) update any data submitted to AFRINIC in the context of:
a. an application for a Registration Service Agreement or
b. the renewal of any Registration Service Agreement
whenever such data have been the subject of amendment, change or have
become outdated.
(d) AFRINIC will comply with all applicable data protection and privacy
laws of the Republic of Mauritius in its
handling of data and information submitted to it by the Applicant in
furtherance of an application for services
and use thereof.
~°~

Thanks.
__
[1]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/thread.html#3891.html

[2]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003907.html

[3]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003910.html

[4]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003960.html

[5]: <
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003912.html

[6]: <https://afrinic.net/membership/agreements#rsa>

Shalom,
--sb.

--
p≡p (pretty Easy privacy) - ...trying :'-(