[Community-Discuss] Blog: A Comprehensive audit of the AFRINIC WHOIS Database

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Feb 9 22:11:55 UTC 2021

Hi AFRINIC Team,

While reading the report, I noted that among the recommendations on how to
make things better, was below.

- The report recommends that the AFRINIC community critically assess how
best the accuracy of the information pertaining to Legacy Resource Holders
can be improved and considers whether unused legacy resources should be
left idle while AFRINIC exhausts its remaining pool of IPv4 addresses.

How much unused legacy resources are we looking at?

Should we not add that space to the free pool for future allocations?

*./noah*
neo - network engineering and operations