[Community-Discuss] WAS - FUNDRAISING & DONATIONS - TO KEEP AFRINIC RUNNING

Marcus K. G. Adomey madomey at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 11:41:32 UTC 2021

Hi Brian,

It is unfortunate that you are the latest victim of the web of misinformation of Taiwo. For the sake of brevity, I am going to use only the point 3 out of the 4, 5, 6, you referred me to in Taiwo’s script to prove my assertion.

We all know that before current CEO took office, there was corruption in AFRINIC. Even strangers in Jerusalem will confirm that corruption was becoming systemic in AFRINIC, sexual harassment, asking for sexual favors and so on started becoming the new normal. Taiwo claimed that the current administration is corrupt and the corruption is becoming rampant. It does not take a high-level critical reading skills to realize that he did not substantiate his claim. This is a dishonest way to argue his case and is unfair to the current Administration and the Board. Some questions could help:

* Can he pinpoint out beyond reasonable doubt the corruption in this Administration?
* Can he tell us how rampant the corruption is in this administration?
* Can he tell us what is questionable about the financial statements?
* Have you check for yourself the validity of the claims Taiwo made?

Further, he claimed that the CEO is not delivering his promises, meanwhile, we are aware of the fact that the current Administration and the Board have taken the steps to retrieve some of the Internet Resource numbers fraudulently acquired by some members. Even the court cases against AFRINIC, is it not because IPv4 pool were taken away from CI for not complying to the RSA (Registration Service Agreement) the agree to abide with? It is obvious that Taiwo is willingly refusing to accepts facts. Perhaps, He is a magician and he change things overnight.

If a bank account is frozen, does it mean AFRINIC assets frozen? This generalization is intended to create fear in the reader’s mind so that (s)he accepts the misinformation that “this proves to be a hindrance to the operations of AFRINIC now and in the future”. This is mischievous !!!

These few points, I hope, will wake you up to the realization that Taiwo generously fed you with misinformation and perhaps, they (few points) will help you to graciously quit the tangle of facts distortion.

Take care,

Marcus