[Community-Discuss] Gems from the Archives

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:13:45 UTC 2021

Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Please see my comments below, inline...

Le jeu. 12 août 2021 à 7:01 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
a écrit :

> I myself only took an interest in AFRINIC starting about 2016.

Hi Ronald,
Many thanks for sharing it, brother!

> I have been hunting down snoweshoe spammeers since about 2004, but [...]

> More recently of course, I have had some reason to take an interest, as

> I believe you all know.

> [...] In it, one particular persono (who I think we all

> know) directly accused another person (who I also think we all know) of

> being a "fraud"... his word, not mine... for having given a false physical

> location while attempting to run for what I gather was a (co-?) chair seat

> on the AFRINIC Policy Development Committee.

> I am not persuaded that the poster in this case would be eager to repeat

> that claim now, given his rather different present circumtances.

It's always good to have hopes :-/
...knowing that: "[...] Guessing is not the way [...]"

> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2014/003849.html

At that time it was just "an absurdity".

...copy & paste the public archive here:

~°~
[rpd] Guessing is not the way to verify information*Owen DeLong* owen at
delong.com
<rpd%40afrinic.net?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Brpd%5D%20Guessing%20is%20not%20the%20way%20to%20verify%20information&In-Reply-To=%3CF74847CD-0617-43D6-99EC-29E8BAE970F4%40delong.com%3E>
*Fri Jun 6 02:44:09 UTC 2014*