[Community-Discuss] South Africa ISPA Statement on Recent AFRINIC developments

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Aug 2 00:19:50 UTC 2021

In message <CAOacvLE1taPAUaZ0xJJk_cMYtMpPOdkpHGP7hdogV9WH+BU6Jw at mail.gmail.com>
Christian Orozco <chresgoro at gmail.com> wrote:

>Owen said, the CORRECTION of behavior is what's being sought.

I also have many outstanding quarrels with AFRINIC and I also fervently
desire to see the organization's behavior be corrected.

But I do not pursue these goals either at the point of a gun, or via a
$1.8 BILLION dollar lawsuit. I do not do so because the ends do not
justify the means, and I am a believer that change should be effected
via democratic means, despite how frustrating that kind of process may
be at times.

What is happening right now is instead an attempt at a corporate coup,
and a hostile takeover, all engineered by one company and by one man.

This is the very opposite of democracy.

Regards,
rfg