[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Aug 1 21:08:36 UTC 2021

And for clarity, no RIR (including RIPE NCC) used voting for matters that belong to PDP decisions.

I think there is some confusion here, may be something taken out of context, not sure what is the issue, but a PDP matter that is decided by consensus hasn’t been decided by members voting.

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 11:30 PM Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

<snip>

> It remains Andrew's personal opinion and not the consensus of 75% of the membership base.

Can I suggest as a compromise position we then test this theory by putting the question of transfers to a member vote passed or failed by simple majority?

Seeing that policy development is a matter of the PDWG community as CPM and Bylaws section 11.3), the majority membership dont have powers to do so and I was teasing Owen with that 75% and since the Bylaws amendment of 2020 in section 11.5) i and ii, not even the board has powers anymore to enforce any policy without the endorsement and consensus of the PDWG community.

This worked for ripe with rpki when they took it to a members vote outside of the pdp… why not here?

What worked in RIPE does not necessarily have to work here and we have shared the same sentiments with Jordi within the PDWG discussions.

Cheers

Noah

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?