[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Aug 1 21:03:38 UTC 2021

Hi Owen,

I need to disagree with some of your points here.

The transfer proposal was wrongly managed by the chairs, I’m convinced that they did in good faith. A proposal, can’t return once and again with non-editorial changes to the discussion and sustain the consensus decision.

There is no discussion about that. An independent re-call committee decided that, despite the numerous warnings, the chairs continued interpreting the PDP in their own way.

Further to that, not sure to understand way, the actual chairs haven’t resent the proposal report to the Board because, we like it or not, reached consensus (according to the previous chairs decision) to the board for ratification.

I believe the chairs are interpreting, wrongly in my opinion, that they shall “hold” a proposal under appeal, until the AC takes a decision. I’m convinced, as other members of the community, that it is in the hands of the Board to hold the ratification until the appeal is resolved, not the chairs.

Could the chairs explain how they can interpret that they shall not send a proposal for ratification because it is under appeal or if they are still working on the report? (I understood they will finish it by end of June)

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet