[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Aug 1 19:21:36 UTC 2021

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 20:47 Owen DeLong, <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2021, at 06:06 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 15:43 Andrew Alston via Community-Discuss, <

> community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

>> Let those who wish to run the risks of staying with AfriNIC through this

>> situation do so

> - let those who choose not to accept the risk profile transfer out -

>> problem solved.

> https://afrinic.net/policy/archive/inbound-transfer-policy

> Noah

> PS: confusion of the highest order.

> Who is confused, Noah?

Andrew who penned down that failed Inbound Transfer Policy Proposal in 2016
and today was suggesting an Outbound transfer policy to move IPv4 space out
of AFRINIC service region. There is some confusion there.

You?

Nop....

> Personally, I think the simpler and more expedient thing would be for the

> board to merely ratify

> the existing consensus RTP,

Says Owen who recently on *Thu Jul 29 01:22:17 UTC 2021* cautioned the same
AFRINIC board from ratifying a proposal under some appeal.

I refer you to the archives
*https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013651.html
<https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013651.html>*

*Jordi* >* I’ve submitted several appeals, so I know very well that only
patience is needed.*
*Owen*: I would think you, of all people, would understand the need for the
board to at least acknowledge the appeal and provide some assurance that it
will not ratify a policy that should be under appeal.

*Jordi* >* The Board will not be able to ratify a policy under appeal until
the appeal is resolved. That’s it.*
*Owen*: Normally, I would agree with you. However, in the face of recent
events, I am unwilling to place so much faith in
this current board.

Is it safe to say that you Owen is equally confused.

but Andrew’s suggestion could also mitigate risks for members.

It remains Andrew's personal opinion and not the consensus of 75% of the
membership base.

Noah