[Community-Discuss] Cloud Innovation Displays Very Poor, If Not Criminal, Netizenship

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat May 30 01:48:36 UTC 2020

Since this is discussion about non-policy matters, I have trimmed rpd from the list of recipients.

You are mistaking “Changed” for “Created”.

Further, that is an entry not created by Larus, but by HGC.

The contract with IPDC and Larus for the PREFIX was in effect in March.
It appears that the IRR entry was created by HGC in response to request from a customer of IPDC who was a customer of Larus. That entry was not created by Seacom and was not authorized by Seacom OR Larus.

The following entries were created by Larus (Note they do not contain AS37353):
route: 156.241.3.0/24
origin: AS134190
descr: IPDC Solution PteLtd
mnt-by: MAINT-LARUS
changed: t.t.xu at laruscloudservice.net 20200508 #10:43:19Z
source: RADB

The following entries were created by unknown third parties — Neither Larus nor Seacom have any actual control over them:
route: 156.241.3.0/24
origin: AS138145
descr: Customer-AS45250
admin-c: MAINT-AS138145
tech-c: MAINT-AS138145
mnt-by: MAINT-AS138145
changed: admin at cloudix.online 20200512 #18:26:20Z
source: RADB

route: 156.241.3.0/24
descr: Proxy-registered route object
origin: AS37353
notify: matthew.chan at hgc.com.hk
mnt-by: MAINT-HGC-INTL
changed: matthew.chan at hgc.com.hk 20200304
source: RADB

route: 156.241.3.0/24
descr: Proxy-registered route object
origin: AS134548
notify: radb at hgcbroadband.com
mnt-by: MAINT-AS9304
changed: radb at hgcbroadband.com 20191003
source: RADB

route: 156.241.3.0/24
descr: Proxy-registered route object
origin: AS37353
remarks: This is a HGC customer route-object
remarks: which is being exported under this origin AS.
remarks:
remarks: This route object was created because no existing
remarks: route object with the same origin was found.
remarks:
remarks: Please contact radb at hutchcity.com if you have any
remarks: questions regarding this object.
notify: radb at hutchcity.com
mnt-by: MAINT-AS9304
changed: radb at hutchcity.com 20200304
source: NTTCOM

route: 156.241.3.0/24
descr: Proxy-registered route object
origin: AS134548
remarks: This is a HGC customer route-object
remarks: which is being exported under this origin AS.
remarks:
remarks: This route object was created because no existing
remarks: route object with the same origin was found.
remarks:
remarks: Please contact radb at hgcbroadband.com if you have any
remarks: questions regarding this object.
notify: radb at hgcbroadband.com
mnt-by: MAINT-AS9304
changed: radb at hgcbroadband.com 20191003
source: NTTCOM
mntner: MAINT-AS138145
descr: Advanced Information Co., Ltd.
admin-c: ADVANCED-APNIC
tech-c: ADVANCED-APNIC
upd-to: noc at cloudix.online
mnt-nfy: noc at cloudix.online
auth: CRYPT-PW HIDDENCRYPTPW #
notify: noc at cloudix.online
mnt-by: MAINT-AS138145
changed: admin at cloudix.online 20200511 #03:10:36Z
source: RADB

The following entries were created by a company acquired by Seacom — the failure to delete them falls on Seacom:
<no entries remain>
Historically:
route: 156.241.0.0/16
origin: AS37353
mnt-by: paulwollner
mnt-by: hk-larus-1-mnt
created: 2017-08-07T12:27:22Z
last-modified: 2018-09-04T18:54:09Z
source: RIPE-NONAUTH
remarks: * THIS OBJECT IS MODIFIED
remarks: * Please note that all data that is generally regarded as personal
remarks: * data has been removed from this object.
remarks: * To view the original object, please query the RIPE Database at:
remarks: * http://www.ripe.net/whois <http://www.ripe.net/whois>

I have arranged for the prefix to be re-announced from a different ASN which will hopefully clear out the stale route collector data that Arnaud is so fond of pretending represents current information.

Owen