[Community-Discuss] [afnog] Updates on the misappropriation of IPv4 resources

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Dec 23 18:02:37 UTC 2020

Hi Ronald,

I have taken note and please see my response inline below.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 10:16 AM Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
wrote:

> [...]

> Current routing summary:

> 40 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

> 24 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC

> (See note above regarding "Cooperative Investments LLC".)

> ORG-MPL1-AFRINIC - Mega Plastics (Pty) Ltd

> contacts now set to: legacy-dbm at afrinic.net

> 160.121.0.0/16

> Current routing summary:

> 256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

> ORG-LTOL1-AFRINIC - Liquid Telecommunications Operations Limited

> 152.108.0.0/16 -- WHOIS & routing reclaimed by rightful owner

> ORG-AM1-AFRINIC - African Oxygen Limited

> 155.235.0.0/16 - WHOIS reclaimed by rightful owner

> Current routing summary:

> 97 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

> 64 140107 HK xiamen zhongheng Technology Ltd ****

> 59 209484 HK Asia Communications Co., Limited

> 24 140224 HK White-Sand Cloud Computing(HK) Co., LIMITED

> 12 140227 HK Hong Kong Communications International Co., Limited ***

> ORG-ZZ154-AFRINIC - Nampak Management Services

> WHOIS now set to legacy-dbm at afrinic.net

> 196.10.61.0/24

> 196.10.62.0/23

> 196.10.64.0/19

> Current routing summary:

> 13 24567 AU QT Inc.

> 4 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

> 4 138527 HK Adc Group Co.,Limited

> 4 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD

> 4 58879 CN Beijing CNISP Technology Co., Ltd. ***

> 3 21859 US Zenlayer Inc ***

> 2 34985 HK Kirin Communication Limited

> 1 24373 AU Adc Group Co.,Limited *** ****

> ORG-ACSL2-AFRINIC - Affiliated Computing Services (Pty) Ltd

> 160.116.0.0/16

> Current routing summary:

> 111 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC

> 110 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

> 16 199267 IL Netstyle A. Ltd

> 4 139640 HK Hk New Cloud Technology Limited ***

> 4 24567 AU QT Inc. **

> 4 58879 CN Beijing CNISP Technology Co., Ltd. ***

> 3 19969 US Joe's Datacenter, LLC

> 2 262287 BR Maxihost LTDA

> 1 43945 IL Netstyle A. Ltd

> 1 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD

> ORG-ZZ8-AFRINIC - Columbus Stainless (Proprietary) Limited

> WHOIS reclaimed by rightful owner

> 160.115.0.0/16 -- no current routing

> ORG-TAEB1-AFRINIC - The Atomic Energy Board

> 168.206.0.0/16

> Current routing summary:

> 256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

> ORG-AI2-AFRINIC - "ITC" -- Reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC

> 196.42.128.0/17 -- unrouted

> 196.194.0.0/15

> Current routing summary:

> 403 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

> 62 136384 PK Optix Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited

> 24 131284 AF Etisalat Afghan

> 6 132116 IN Ani Network Pvt Ltd

> 5 198504 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC

> 4 26754 ?? {{unknown organization}} ====> AS26754 == "ITC"

> 3 198381 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC

> 2 198247 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC

> 2 198394 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC

> 1 139043 PK WellNetworks (Private) Limited

*Attention AFRINIC/Ashil,*

*Please take note of all the above additional information as pertains to
the potential number resources misappropriation and fraud and kindly pass
this to the AFRINIC Board audit committee. *

> Please note that Ernest Byaruhanga is still enjoying some of his

> stolen AFRINIC space,

You have repeated the above quite a lot in all your emails and while I cant
speak for my friend Ernest, I get your point. The investigation is ongoing
as reported by AFRINIC from the work they embarked and we shall wait for
the outcome because there will be an outcome at the end of the day and if
mistakes were made, folks will be held responsible.

> even as we speak, courtesy of SECOM and others,

> who ought to be ashamed of themselves:

> https://bgp.he.net/AS26754#_prefixes

I read SECOM which I assume you meant SEACOM and what I see is below IPv4
address space being originated by ITC AS26754 via two different transit
providers including Spidd Africa Ltd an ISP.

196.45.120.0/23 AfriNIC - www.afrinic.net
196.45.120.0/24 AfriNIC - www.afrinic.net
196.45.121.0/24 AfriNIC - www.afrinic.net
196.195.228.0/22 AfriNIC - www.afrinic.net

As a network engineer, this is a normal practise by ISP's who always run
checks before any IPv4 + ASN announcements are made. The simplest check is
always to look at the whois database in this case AFRINIC for the route
objects records and also ask for an LoA before prefix announcements are
made and if the above prefixes are being announced then rest assured there
were compliance checks done.

In anycase, AFRINIC should also take this up and check if the above
prefixes were rightfully allocated/assigned or they were stolen and that is
the goal IMHO.

> [...]

> 192.96.146.0/24 -- reclaimed by Nedbank/CGHB - unrouted

> 137.171.0.0/16 -- unrouted

> 165.52.0.0/14 -- unrouted

> 168.211.0.0/16 -- unrouted

> +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

> In addition to all of the above AFRINIC issues, Elad Cohen, with the

> help and connivance of his friends at FDCServers and Cogent Communications

> was at one time also squatting on all of the following abandoned APNIC

> IPv4 legacy blocks:

> IRT-DOFD-AU - DOFD Department of Finance and Deregulation (AU)

> 168.198.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

> PMANET - Port of Melbourne Authority (AU)

> 139.44.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

> CROSFIELD (JP)

> 143.136.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

> ATDCL - Net One Systems Company, Limited (JP)

> 143.253.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

> CHIYODA-NET - Chiyoda Corporation (JP)

> 146.51.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

> Additionally, I have reason to believe that Elad Cohen was also responsible

> for squatting on the following abandoned RIPE legacy IPv4 block, which he

> appears to have done with the help and connivance of his friends at

> Ecoband, Ltd. aka AS327814:

> TELEFUNKEN SYSTEMTECHNIK ULM (DE)

> 149.207.0.0/16 - unrouted

> +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

> In additional to all of the above, as I have recently pointed out, I have

> questions about how any of the following three organzations were able to

> qualify to become AFRINIC members and how each was able to further

> qualify to receive the sizable non-legacy AFRINIC IPv4 block assignments

> that they did receive and which they are -still- the listed registrants

> of, even now:

> ORG-LWI1-AFRINIC - LogicWeb Inc (US)

> 196.52.0.0/14 +++

> ORG-FGI1-AFRINIC -- Fiber Grid, Inc. (Estonia/Seychelles)

> 165.231.0.0/16 +++

> 196.48.0.0/16

> 196.56.0.0/16

> 196.57.0.0/16

> 196.58.0.0/16

> 196.59.0.0/16

> 196.196.0.0/16

> 196.197.0.0/16

> 196.198.0.0/16

> 196.199.0.0/16

> 196.240.0.0/15

> 196.242.0.0/15

> 196.244.0.0/16

> 196.245.0.0/16

> 196.247.0.0/16

> ORG-INL3-AFRINIC - Inspiring Networks {B.V.,Ltd.,LLC} - NL/Seychelles

> 45.220.64.0/18

> 196.61.192.0/20

> 197.231.208.0/22

> Note of the above three entities appears to either now have, or to have

> ever had any meaningful connection to the AFRINIC region, other than

> plundering the resources thereof, thus raising the question of how and

> why they were allowed to become AFRINIC members in the first place.

> I look forward to receiving an answer to that question for each of these

* We all look forward to receiving answers. *

*Attention AFRINIC/Ashil,*

*Please take note of all the above additional information as pertains to
the potential number resources misappropriation and fraud and kindly pass
this to the AFRINIC Board audit committee. *

*Also confirm if all the above needs to be published by a member on the
members list or you will take this up and act according to the benefit of
the community and all AFRINIC members.*

Noah.