[Community-Discuss] [afnog] Updates on the misappropriation of IPv4 resources

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Dec 23 07:11:56 UTC 2020

In message <CAEqgTWauoF=MRvqk-T2BaA7AsMQt=A-GomQ2aZiYtsMYey2FNg at mail.gmail.com>
Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

>Please can you consolidate your very important and yet great research

>around the individuals Cohen, Uerlings, Abizeid, Deepak Mehta and Lu Heng.

I can only summarize the specific still-outstanding problems & issues
that I am aware of. There could very well be much more, under the surface,
that I am not aware of.

I have repeatedly requested bulk access to AFRINIC WHOIS data which is
both (a) unredacted and also (b) historical and also (c) unredacted AND
historical. I have been denied this data at every turn. To add further
insult to injury, Ashil Oogarah, posting here as "AFRINIC Communication",
recently attempted to pretend that my data requests could be easily
accomodated by simply filing out a form for "bulk access". But the
reality is that even if I did that, I would still be given only redacted
and -current- AFRINIC WHOIS data, *not* the unredacted and historical
data that I would need to make further progress in unraveling all of the
sordid mischief that has taken place with repsect to the AFRINIC WHOIS
data base over the years. (Indeed it is a minor miracle that I have
been able to puzzle out as much as I have done, given the extreme and
pointless limits on WHOIS access that AFRINIC Management has imposed.)

Given the limitations under which I still labor, here is what I can tell
you.

The following legacy blocks are still "stolen", according to my definition
of that word in this context, and are still reaping profits, even as we
speak, for Mr. Cohen, Mr. Uerlings, and possibly also Mr. Byaruhanga,
who is still free to enjoy the fruits of his thefts from his comfortable
upscale home in Uganda.

ORG-TL1-AFRINIC - Trentyre (Pty) Ltd
160.122.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

ORG-AA79-AFRINIC - Agrihold
163.198.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
248 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC
4 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
2 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD
2 19969 US Joe's Datacenter, LLC

(Note that the contact person for "Cooperative Investments LLC" these days
is Elad Cohen.)

ORG-AHL1-AFRINIC - Argus Holdings (Pty) Ltd
WHOIS contacts now set to legacy-dbm at afrinic.net
164.88.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
252 137951 HK Clayer Limited
2 140733 HK HostUS Solutions LLC
1 138538 CN Ningbo Nanbian Tuoluo Xinxi Jishu Co., Ltd
1 18013 HK Asline Limited

ORG-WA1-AFRINIC - Woolworths Holdings Limited
WHOIS contacts now restored/remediated (?)
165.3.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
128 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
113 54600 US Peg Tech Inc
10 21859 US Zenlayer Inc
3 137951 HK Clayer Limited
1 38197 AU Sun Network (Hong Kong) Limited ***
1 133441 KR Cloud Information Technology (Intl) Telecom Group LIMITED

ORG-AISL1-AFRINIC - AECI Information Services (Pty) Ltd
168.80.0.0/15
Current routing summary:
265 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC
135 19969 US Joe's Datacenter, LLC
26 132335 IN LeapSwitch Networks Pvt Ltd
16 23679 AU Media Antar Nusa PT.
9 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD
8 36351 US SoftLayer Technologies Inc.
8 45671 AU Servers Australia Pty. Ltd
8 63018 US Dedicated.com
8 56611 NL REBA Communications BV
8 24567 AU QT Inc.
6 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
4 57717 NL FiberXpress BV
4 262287 BR Maxihost LTDA
3 49335 RU LLC "Server v arendy"
2 11990 US Unlimited Net, LLC
2 13737 US INCX Global, LLC

(See note above regarding "Cooperative Investments LLC".)

ORG-IA41-AFRINIC - Network and Information Technology Limited
196.16.0.0/14
Current routing summary:
539 202425 SC IP Volume inc
360 19969 US Joe's Datacenter, LLC
47 63956 AU Colocation Australia Pty Ltd
12 56611 NL REBA Communications BV
6 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD
6 134451 ID NewMedia Express Pte Ltd
5 38001 AU NewMedia Express Pte Ltd
5 57717 NL FiberXpress BV
4 263812 AR TL Group SRL ( IPXON Networks )
4 49367 IT Seflow S.N.C. Di Marco Brame' & C.
4 20860 GB Iomart Cloud Services Limited
4 204655 GB Novogara LTD
4 42831 GB UK Dedicated Servers Limited
4 49335 RU LLC "Server v arendy"
2 31122 IE Digiweb ltd
2 136782 JP Pingtan Hotline Co., Limited
2 44066 DE First Colo GmbH
2 17216 US Dc74 Llc
2 53999 CA Priority Colo Inc
2 45382 KR Ehostict
2 262287 BR Maxihost LTDA
2 63018 US Dedicated.com
1 23470 US ReliableSite.Net LLC
1 9009 GB M247 Ltd
1 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC
1 203833 DE First Colo GmbH

ORG-AFNC1-AFRINIC - "ITC" - All blocks reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC
196.193.0.0/16 -- unrouted
196.63.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
255 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
1 54600 US Peg Tech Inc
196.246.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
252 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
4 133495 PK Vision telecom Private limited
196.45.112.0/20
Current routing summary:
5 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
4 30827 GB Extraordinary Managed Services Ltd
2 198381 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
2 26754 ?? {{unknown organization}} ====> AS26754->"ITC" (see below)
2 198394 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
1 36351 US SoftLayer Technologies Inc.

ORG-SCS1-AFRINIC - Safren Computer Services
155.159.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

ORG-AA78-AFRINIC - Anglo American
163.197.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
128 140107 HK xiamen zhongheng Technology Ltd ****
64 54600 US Peg Tech Inc *** ****
48 139330 HK Sanren Data Limited ****
16 137443 HK Anchnet Asia Limited *** ****

ORG-SL72-AFRINIC - Sentrachem Limited
164.155.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
96 54600 US Peg Tech Inc *** ****
77 139330 HK Sanren Data Limited ****
32 137951 HK Clayer Limited
32 136800 HK Xiaozhiyun L.L.C *** ****
17 132422 HK Hong Kong Business Telecom Limited ***
2 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE

ORG-COCT1-AFRINIC - City of Cape Town
165.25.0.0/16 -- WHOIS reclaimed by rightful owner (currently unrouted)

ORG-ZZ21-AFRINIC - Trafex (Pty) Ltd
196.15.64.0/18
Current routing summary:
40 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
24 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC

(See note above regarding "Cooperative Investments LLC".)

ORG-MPL1-AFRINIC - Mega Plastics (Pty) Ltd
contacts now set to: legacy-dbm at afrinic.net
160.121.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

ORG-LTOL1-AFRINIC - Liquid Telecommunications Operations Limited
152.108.0.0/16 -- WHOIS & routing reclaimed by rightful owner

ORG-AM1-AFRINIC - African Oxygen Limited
155.235.0.0/16 - WHOIS reclaimed by rightful owner
Current routing summary:
97 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
64 140107 HK xiamen zhongheng Technology Ltd ****
59 209484 HK Asia Communications Co., Limited
24 140224 HK White-Sand Cloud Computing(HK) Co., LIMITED
12 140227 HK Hong Kong Communications International Co., Limited ***

ORG-ZZ154-AFRINIC - Nampak Management Services
WHOIS now set to legacy-dbm at afrinic.net
196.10.61.0/24
196.10.62.0/23
196.10.64.0/19
Current routing summary:
13 24567 AU QT Inc.
4 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
4 138527 HK Adc Group Co.,Limited
4 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD
4 58879 CN Beijing CNISP Technology Co., Ltd. ***
3 21859 US Zenlayer Inc ***
2 34985 HK Kirin Communication Limited
1 24373 AU Adc Group Co.,Limited *** ****

ORG-ACSL2-AFRINIC - Affiliated Computing Services (Pty) Ltd
160.116.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
111 202769 US Cooperative Investments LLC
110 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
16 199267 IL Netstyle A. Ltd
4 139640 HK Hk New Cloud Technology Limited ***
4 24567 AU QT Inc. **
4 58879 CN Beijing CNISP Technology Co., Ltd. ***
3 19969 US Joe's Datacenter, LLC
2 262287 BR Maxihost LTDA
1 43945 IL Netstyle A. Ltd
1 43092 JP OSOA Corporation., LTD

ORG-ZZ8-AFRINIC - Columbus Stainless (Proprietary) Limited
WHOIS reclaimed by rightful owner
160.115.0.0/16 -- no current routing

ORG-TAEB1-AFRINIC - The Atomic Energy Board
168.206.0.0/16
Current routing summary:
256 137951 HK Clayer Limited

ORG-AI2-AFRINIC - "ITC" -- Reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC
196.42.128.0/17 -- unrouted
196.194.0.0/15
Current routing summary:
403 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
62 136384 PK Optix Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited
24 131284 AF Etisalat Afghan
6 132116 IN Ani Network Pvt Ltd
5 198504 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
4 26754 ?? {{unknown organization}} ====> AS26754 == "ITC"
3 198381 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
2 198247 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
2 198394 AE Star Satellite Communications Company - PJSC
1 139043 PK WellNetworks (Private) Limited

Please note that Ernest Byaruhanga is still enjoying some of his
stolen AFRINIC space, even as we speak, courtesy of SECOM and others,
who ought to be ashamed of themselves:

https://bgp.he.net/AS26754#_prefixes

ORG-ZZ139-AFRINIC - "Link Data Group"
198.54.232.0/24 -- WHOIS now set to legacy-dbm at afrinic.net - unrouted
196.62.0.0/16 - reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC - unrouted
196.192.192.0/18 - reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC - unrouted
213.247.0.0/19 - reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC - unrouted
160.255.0.0/16 - reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC - unrouted
196.207.64.0/18 - reclaimed to free pool by AFRINIC
Current routing summary:
61 0 ?? UNROUTED IP SPACE
2 132116 IN Ani Network Pvt Ltd
1 137085 IN Nixi

Note that the following route object still exists in the RIPE WHOIS DB:

route: 213.247.0.0/21
origin: AS327991
mnt-by: MEGASURF-WIRELESS-MNT
created: 2016-09-02T11:58:16Z
last-modified: 2018-09-04T18:31:58Z
source: RIPE-NONAUTH

ORG-ZZ23-AFRINIC - Nedbank / Cape of Good Hope Bank (CGHB)
- fradulent allocations reclaimed to free pool
192.96.146.0/24 -- reclaimed by Nedbank/CGHB - unrouted
137.171.0.0/16 -- unrouted
165.52.0.0/14 -- unrouted
168.211.0.0/16 -- unrouted

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

In addition to all of the above AFRINIC issues, Elad Cohen, with the
help and connivance of his friends at FDCServers and Cogent Communications
was at one time also squatting on all of the following abandoned APNIC
IPv4 legacy blocks:

IRT-DOFD-AU - DOFD Department of Finance and Deregulation (AU)
168.198.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

PMANET - Port of Melbourne Authority (AU)
139.44.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

CROSFIELD (JP)
143.136.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

ATDCL - Net One Systems Company, Limited (JP)
143.253.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

CHIYODA-NET - Chiyoda Corporation (JP)
146.51.0.0/16 -- currently unrouted

Additionally, I have reason to believe that Elad Cohen was also responsible
for squatting on the following abandoned RIPE legacy IPv4 block, which he
appears to have done with the help and connivance of his friends at
Ecoband, Ltd. aka AS327814:

TELEFUNKEN SYSTEMTECHNIK ULM (DE)
149.207.0.0/16 - unrouted

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

In additional to all of the above, as I have recently pointed out, I have
questions about how any of the following three organzations were able to
qualify to become AFRINIC members and how each was able to further
qualify to receive the sizable non-legacy AFRINIC IPv4 block assignments
that they did receive and which they are -still- the listed registrants
of, even now:

ORG-LWI1-AFRINIC - LogicWeb Inc (US)
196.52.0.0/14 +++

ORG-FGI1-AFRINIC -- Fiber Grid, Inc. (Estonia/Seychelles)
165.231.0.0/16 +++
196.48.0.0/16
196.56.0.0/16
196.57.0.0/16
196.58.0.0/16
196.59.0.0/16
196.196.0.0/16
196.197.0.0/16
196.198.0.0/16
196.199.0.0/16
196.240.0.0/15
196.242.0.0/15
196.244.0.0/16
196.245.0.0/16
196.247.0.0/16

ORG-INL3-AFRINIC - Inspiring Networks {B.V.,Ltd.,LLC} - NL/Seychelles
45.220.64.0/18
196.61.192.0/20
197.231.208.0/22

Note of the above three entities appears to either now have, or to have
ever had any meaningful connection to the AFRINIC region, other than
plundering the resources thereof, thus raising the question of how and
why they were allowed to become AFRINIC members in the first place.

I look forward to receiving an answer to that question for each of these
three organizations.

Furthermore and separately, the specific IPv4 blocks liste above with
"+++" following their CIDRs are ones for which the historical WHOIS
data clearly implicates "ITC" which was a fradulent fake company name
used by Ernest Byaruhanga for many of his insider IP block thefts,
thus also rasing the question of how these blocks were obtained and
assigned, to LogicWeb, and also to Fiber Grid.

Regards,
rfg