[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:24:46 UTC 2019

Hi Ish

> On 11 Jun 2019, at 14:08, Ish Sookun <ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu> wrote:
>

> Right. I will seek the advice of the Data Protection Office on this matter.

I look forward to their response.

> I quote from https://afrinic.net/ast/pdf/2019-minutes/20190305-minutes.pdf
>
>  « SM recalled that the Board collectively agreed to take the AGMM
>    matter to Court and there was no decision about disclosing the
>    personal data to the community. It was just a matter of when to
>    disclose the information and what to disclose. It is not because
>    the document is public, that we can disclose to the public mailing
>    list. »
>
> Am I reading the wrong or inaccurate minutes?

You will note reference in the quote above to "personal data” and then “information” and then the fact that “the document is public”. The minutes do not indicate the difference between these terms and are imprecise.

For that reason I questioned whether they are perhaps inaccurate. Are you able to surmise a logical reading of the above? In which case - please share it and the basis on which you draw such conclusion.