[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:10:44 UTC 2019

Hi Ish

> On 11 Jun 2019, at 12:55, Ish Sookun <ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> On 6/11/19 1:03 PM, Mike Silber wrote:
>> By agreeing to become a director of a company one expressly and implicitly consents to the publication of personal information in the context of the company.
>>

> The "context of the company" is a vague statement.
>
> The DPA is strict on the fact & stresses that information collected,
> processed & stored are for specific use & period, and the person has the
> right to object to use of that information.
>
> Could you point me to any documentation by AFRINIC Ltd that specifies
> that when becoming a director one "expressly and implicitly consents to
> the publication of personal information”.

No - but I can point you to the Companies Act as well as form S23-F10 and Section 23 of the DPA

I suggest you raise your concern with the Corporate and Business Registration Department and not with AfriNIC, this community or myself.

>> There is no suggestion that the consent related to the publication of the person’s address (which was redacted in any event) but the use of his name.
>
> I understood that the person raised that no decision was taken with
> regards to the publication of personal data. The minutes do not refer to
> the use of the person's name.

This is illogical, as ALL addresses were redacted. Maybe the minutes are inaccurate?

Mike