[Community-Discuss] AfriNIC whois servers down

Cedrick Adrien Mbeyet cedrick.mbeyet at afrinic.net
Tue Feb 5 13:40:50 UTC 2019

Dear AFRINIC Community,

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concern to the AFRINIC
community. On behalf of AFRINIC NOC team, allow me to provide some
answers to your concern.

First of all, I want to announce that Afrinic WHOIS query service is
back online since 08:32am UTC today (05/02/2019). However, we still
monitor the service to ensure that it is fully stable before updating it
as resolved on https://status.afrinic.net/.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for not updating AFRINIC
Status page at the time it happens. We acknowledge failure on our
Incident monitoring and reporting process, and necessary measures are
ongoing to improve on that and for this to not happen in the future.

Please rest assure that AFRINIC team is taking our Community concerns
very seriously. As a matter of fact, AFRINIC CEO, Alan Barrett made it a
priority to aggressively tackle the issues of redundancy and reliability
via system refresh and replacements. All resources have been mobilized
for AFRINIC team to provide a more reliable and resilient service to our
community.

Once again, we thank you for your email and we welcome any feedback or
suggestion to the AFRINIC NOC team via our email noc[at]afrinic[dot]net.

Cedrick Adrien Mbeyet
Infrastructure Unit Manager, AFRINIC Ltd.
t:  +230 403 5100 / 403 5115 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w: www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia