[Community-Discuss] AfriNIC whois servers down

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Feb 5 07:22:25 UTC 2019

Interesting.

I have no luck getting the AfriNIC website.
reachability is ok. server connects. and then nothing.

[frank at fisi ~]$ wget https://afrinic.net/
--2019-02-05 10:06:05--  https://afrinic.net/
Resolving afrinic.net... 2001:42d0:0:200::6, 196.216.2.6
Connecting to afrinic.net|2001:42d0:0:200::6|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 Bad Gateway
2019-02-05 10:12:59 ERROR 502: Bad Gateway.

[frank at fisi ~]$ wget -4 https://afrinic.net/
--2019-02-05 10:13:53--  https://afrinic.net/
Resolving afrinic.net... 196.216.2.6
Connecting to afrinic.net|196.216.2.6|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 Bad Gateway
2019-02-05 10:19:04 ERROR 502: Bad Gateway.

[frank at fisi ~]$

times are in EAT (UTC+3)

Confirmed with only one other source network.

Regards,
Frank