[Community-Discuss] AfriNIC whois servers down

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Feb 5 07:19:50 UTC 2019

Dear Afrinic,

As a followup question - can AFRINIC please explain to me how the status page is showing all operational - when in fact - both web and whois servers were offline and down.

This is EXTREMELY concerning - since it means that not only do we have things down that are critical to this community - but the page that is meant to tell us if there is a problem - is malfunctioning to report no errors.

Andrew